4PL Assistant Procurement Agent
Position can be performed from our NYC, Montvale NJ, Shelton CT or Boston MA company office location, with opportunity for
office and remote work.
Position Description: Accomplish the procurement and delivery of specified products and/or services from qualified subcontractors or vendors at the most favorable prices and terms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: In the areas assigned:
- Purchasing of materials and subcontracts from qualified vendors and subcontractors.
- Managing the creation of the general and special conditions, safety requirements and scope requisitions for the Project – with support from Operations – to ensure that the scope, schedule, M/WBE requirements, insurance and bonding requirements are clearly defined for the bidders.
- Resolving issues with regard to any disputes relating to scope of work and change orders.
- Examining the plans and specifications for any deficiencies, construction issues, and technical questions and making recommendations in award memo.
- Establishing project bidding procedures, preparation, pre-qualifications and approval of bid lists.
- Managing of bidding process, including bid period.
- Receiving and analyzing bids and conducting scope review meetings with competitive bidders.
- Negotiating scope and price with vendors and subcontractors.
- Issuing recommendation for approval of subcontractors/vendors and any awards to such subcontractors/vendors to client and/or project team.
- Awarding subcontracts; negotiating terms with subcontractors/vendors.
- Supervising Procurement Assistants and/or interns, including providing input or performance appraisals.
- Establishing and overseeing Procurement Schedule, including attending project meetings.
- Overseeing current insurance certificates, bonds, and consent of surety for reserve reductions, off-site material payments and final payments.
- Developing and implementing strategy to meet the M/WBE requirements.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum two years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Familiarity with accounting principles. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud..
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Sourceblue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The salary range for New York City candidates for this position is estimated to be $78,700 - $92,600 annualized.