General Superintendent- Sports
If you picture yourself doing great things that make a difference in the lives of others, Turner is the place to be. Turner Construction is an industry leading commercial construction general contractor with a 120 year history spanning iconic projects around the globe, including 10 of the world's 100 tallest buildings.
Turner is committed to sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where everyone feels connected, sees themselves represented at all levels of the company, and feels supported to reach their ultimate potential. Turner builds some of the most ambitious projects in the world. The technical expertise of our people makes us a recognized leader in many markets. Our projects are well known. Our people set us apart. We inspire greatness. Can you picture yourself at Turner? If so, apply and let’s do great things together!
Position Description: Support the Superintendents and Foremen on the various projects; oversee all trade labor hire, transfer and layoff.
Reports to: Deputy Operations Manager, Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager for all assignment of Superintendent and Foreman positions.
- Assign and coordinate all trade field assignments with the needs of various projects.
- Support Superintendent throughout the duration of the job.
- Review project schedules with Superintendents/Foreman. Ensure that critical activities and decisions remain on task and that Required On Job (ROJ) dates are provided to the project management team.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule, and provide to the project management team.
- Respond to subcontractor requests for field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Provide oversight for the Superintendent/Foreman for the development and maintenance of a Resource Allocation Control System (RACS).
- Provide guidance in implementation of the Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Identify projects with Self-Perform opportunities and assist in the development of the Self-Perform proposal.
- Manage Self-Perform performance.
- Work in concert with Business Unit Safety Director to implement the BU Safety Program.
- Manage Review of Capabilities, Accomplishments and Progress (ReCAP) progress for field trades people.
- Maintain a progression/succession plan for all high-potential tradesmen in conjunction with the Operations Manager (OM).
- Manage training for tradesmen.
- Support Business Development, Estimating and the Project Executives (PX's) with development of operational plans for all pursuits.
- Support the Project Executive, Project Superintendent and Project Manager to support development of logistics plans and schedules during pre-construction and early project activities.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of ten years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communications abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, SAP, SharePoint, etc. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to travel 50%+ of the time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.