Position Description: The Producer in the TSIB brokerage is responsible for independently developing overall sales and marketing strategy and client presentations. This position also develops sales leads and closes new sales for a particular line or lines of coverage; with all client accounts then owned by the brokerage. The position works independently with a high level of autonomy and may supervise others.
Reports to: VP or Managing Director of National Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Independently develop overall sales and marketing strategy and client presentations
- Independently identify potential clients, qualify leads, develop and make sales presentations to clients with goal of closing a stipulated number of sales per quarter to grow TSIB revenue
- Leverage or modify the brokerage's product offerings to meet client needs; develop new product offerings; work with insurance markets to identify and leverage product trends to grow TSIB's client roster
- Collaborate with Marketing department to develop new sales materials based on client feedback and sales experience
- Establish and independently develop and maintain client relationships to maintain renewal client business at stipulated levels
- Facilitate the hand-off of new Clients to Account Executive and Client Service Team.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Finance, Business Administration, or similar program, or a minimum of 3 years insurance sales experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Broker's license required. CPCU, ARM, or similar insurance designation desired. Expert user of computer systems including Microsoft Office suite of programs and typical brokerage RMIS system. Thorough understanding of insurance marketplace with ability to develop marketing strategies to secure client business; and ability to work cooperatively with clients and insurance carriers to meet client's coverage needs. Highly organized and motivated self-starter who can identify and target markets and clients, develop and deliver high quality sales presentations and close the sale. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all staff, both internal and external, develop trust with new clients, and seamlessly coordinate hand-off of new clients to Service Teams. Deadline oriented and able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. Ability to travel.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: On a regular basis this job is performed in an office environment with usual office working conditions, free of disagreeable elements. On an occasional basis, the employee may travel to and work at a job site location or client office location and be located in a trailer or other temporary structure. The noise in this work environment may be moderately loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor