Target Analyst/ Report Writer
The Analyst/Writer will join a team whose mission is to provide cyber security support to the Nuclear Command and Control System (NCCS) organization within the Cyber Security Directorate (CSD).
** FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS AVAILABLE
- Responsible for the preparation, editorial review, revision, and maintenance of security engineering documents including technical white papers, cyber security assessments, architecture analysis documentation, senior management briefings, and status reports.
- Use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to create program related documentation.
- Experience in Target Analysis to include developing reports using Grapevine and posting final products using Pulse.
- Searching key terms in various reporting repositories, reading each report for relevance, and recording pertinent information to be synthesized upon completion.
- Demonstrated understanding of SIGINT reporting requirements for releasing reports through the Intelligence Community.
- Establish inroads with the customer to ensure all materials are compliant with stated policies and practices employed by the customer organization.
- Where necessary, update Microsoft Word and PowerPoint templates to ensure ease of use and functional capability in support of the respective project teams.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
- Work with engineers and subject matter experts to gather technical information required in the preparation of written text.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and prepare incident reports, responses, and briefings comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Organizes assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Coordinates the display of related graphics and/or utilizes supplemental images, drawings, diagrams to illustrate material as needed
- Maintains adherence to project schedules and target dates
- Prepare detailed presentations and national security reports to Agency senior leadership
- This position has visibility with the customer leadership.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- 6-8+ years’ of experience as a technical writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is preferred. Four (4) years of additional technical writer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Masters’ Degree is a plus.
- Moderate understanding of cyber security principles and network systems is desired.
- Network+ or Security+ certification is a plus.