Job Description Join BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security Sector, and be part of the Distributed Workforce team supporting the U.S. Navy’s Strategic Deterrent Submarine Force solving complex technical system level interfaces that are integrated into descriptive manuals, maintenance wiring diagrams, and corrective and preventative maintenance procedures. We are seeking to fill an immediate need for a Fleet Documentation Engineering Technician to join one of our keystone Strategic Systems Program areas developing intelligent maintenance wiring diagrams and technical information databases (TIDB) used in interactive electronic technical manuals for our classified customer. Become an essential characteristic in an ethical, enthusiastic, and highly productive team of trusted documentation Strategic Weapons System (SWS) experts. This challenging position develops maintenance wiring diagrams enhanced with intelligence allowing electrical and electronic wiring to be traced using highlighted colors and diagram-to-diagram hyperlinks to aid in troubleshooting equipment and equipment interfaces. Write, review, edit, process and develop U.S. and UK TRIDENT II SWS fleet technical documentation material including SWS description and front matter manuals. Write, review, edit, process and develop SSBN826/HMS Dreadnought Class fleet technical documentation including SWS description and front matter manuals. Perform technical evaluations, review technical source data, change drivers for required documentation updates, and contribute to process improvements. Prepare, write, review, edit technical reports and related documentation to include but not limited to, governing documents (e.g., Strategic Systems Program Instruction (SSPINST), Ordnance Documents (ODs)), correspondence, work processes and instructions.
Applicants applying for this position should tailor their resume to this requisition demonstrating how your skills align to the job.
This position is located at the Redland Corporate Center (RCC), Rockville, MD.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Rockville, Maryland or surrounding areas.
A hybrid, in-office/remote work location is available within the four established work schedules; 5/40, 9/80A, 9/80B, and 4/10.
Do you see yourself in this role:
Who You Are:
- Producing electrical and electronic drawings illustrating Strategic Weapon System, system level and subsystem level equipment using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Excelling at extracting coordinated signals from reviewing blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions and applying electronic and electrical theory knowledge creating one-line function diagrams
- Authoring circuits, coding the diagram wires to highlight in varied colors for signal tracing, diagram-to-diagram, and dataset-to-dataset hyperlinking used in troubleshooting equipment and equipment interfaces
- As a critical team member, collaborating virtually across technical teams involved in solving both electrical theory and engineering drawing standard practices
- Reviewing electrical and engineering alterations to identify necessary revisions, deletions, or amendments to existing diagrams
- Functioning as a virtual worker collaborating with other team members to meet strict project timelines
- Preparing technical manuals, and other supporting documents communicating complex and technical information
- Incorporate Trouble Failure Report/Corrective Action Report documentation changes using the Vulcan authoring tool
- Applying critical-thinking skills on a process improvement project in a team environment
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering technology; High School Diploma with at least 8 years of related professional work experienceRequired Skills:
- Critical Thinker
- Enjoy Complex Problem Solving
- Innovator that observes opportunities to introduce new technologies
- Thrive in interdependent work relationships
- Self-reliant and self-motivated
- Active Listener
- Considers alternate solutions
- Demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, and goal-orientated
- Excels in written and verbal communication
- Strong attention-to-detail with demanding work ethic
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education:
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Knowledge of electrical theory
- Knowledge of basic electrical and electronic component symbols
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Experience with Computer Aided Design software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in technical writing/editing, including grammar skills
- U. S. Navy submarine electronics ratings training and experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience with Electronic One Function Diagram (EOFD) application
- Experience with evaluating SSP Alterations (SPALTS), UK Alterations (UKALTs), and NAVSEA Alterations (TRIDs) for impacts to TRIDENT II SWS preventive and corrective maintenance paper and electronic maintenance documentation
- Experience with Bently© MicroStation CAD Application
- Knowledge of IEEE and ANSI Engineering Drawing Standards
- Experience with Visual Basic programming
- SSBN MOD 4/6 Missile or Strategic Navigation Electronics Technician with TRIDENT II SWS/SWSSS deployed experience
- SSGN Missile or Fire Control Technician with AWS deployed experience
- Experience with SWS/AWS manual troubleshooting methodology
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.