Senior Systems Engineer (GPS Security)
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a Security Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative and dedicated team responsible for industry-leading military Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team desires passionate security engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing the next generation of secure navigation products.
As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities to perform security requirements analysis, develop security architecture and design, perform security analysis, and generate security artifacts to obtain security certification and approval of GPS products. Responsibilities include development of security technologies that address Information Assurance, Cryptographic, and Anti Tamper requirements.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline and 4+ years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in an appropriate discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of information assurance and security engineering principles involving communications or navigation security, network security, and computer security
- Responsibilities will span all phases of system development life cycle (requirements capture, design, implementation, integration, and verification)
- Candidate must have experience with Security Certification and Accreditation processes such as Risk Management Framework, DIACAP, or NSA Type 1
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with both internal and external customers
High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software applications
Ability to work well with a diverse team
A genuine desire to learn and innovate