Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
What’s it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. As a member of our Space Intelligence Technology team, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who of skilled, highly respected and long standing engineers, scientists, and analysts supporting the product quality mission for NGA. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
We are seeking a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to add their skills to our Acadia team in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s (NGA) Integration Test & Image Quality Office (TACQ). The NGA Image Quality and Utility (NIQU) mission within TACQ works to verify and validate product visual quality, as well as the accuracy of the support data, from a variety of digital image collection systems that produce Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT). This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you will be responsible for oversight and accountability of security operations and certification and accreditation (C&A) of information systems and networks.
As a Sr. ISSE, you will
- Prepare, maintain and implement System Security Plans that accurately depict the customer’s contractual requirements.
- Responsible for the oversight and accountability of day-to-day security operations of all the information systems (unclassified/classified).
- Support all disciplines within the security program and ensure business needs are met.
- Works directly with program managers and system security engineers on all phases of system life cycle development.
- Implements security measures in accordance with applicable ICDs, NISP, NIST, and guiding government regulations and local facility procedures.
- Conducts ongoing vulnerability testing of the information system to verify security features and operating controls are functional, effective and meet government standards.
- Interact with internal and external customers or government security officials to perform security duties, address routine information security matters with employees regarding issues.
- Implements facility procedures to govern marking, handling, controlling, removing, and transporting media and equipment containing classified content.
- Responsible for changes to the classified system components, environment and location, including temporary relocation to another classified area.
- Assists the Information System Security Officer and the Delegated Authorizing Official in reporting and mitigation of information system security incidents.
- Implement corrective measures designed to prevent future incidents.
An ideal candidate for Sr. ISSE will:
- Be considered a recognized authority within the organization.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Professional Experience: 6+ Years with MS/MA; 8+ Years with BS/BA; 14+ Years with High SchoolMust have 8570 compliant IAT level II Certification