Required Education, Experience, & Skills
|BAE Systems is seeking a Safety Health and Environmental Manager for its Phoenix, Arizona manufacturing site. |
The Safety Health & Environment organization is a trusted business partner committed to supporting all employees in delivering a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace. SHE provides innovative solutions to reduce risk, resulting in quality products, services, and on-time delivery to our customers.
- This role will work on a 9/80 schedule where you will have every other Friday off
- Designs, develops, implements, and oversees the organization's environmental health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities.
- Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with regulations or conducts health program in industrial plant to recognize, eliminate, evaluate, and control occupational health hazards or environmental factors.
- Position could also focus on identifying hazardous workplace conditions and takes preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances.
- Removes hazards and/or protects employees by guarding, revising work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
- Oversee site SHE Operations at identified sites, which includes ensuring that processes and procedures are in place in order to comply and conform to internal and external requirements, including federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, ISO14001, and ISO45001.
- Periodically visit assigned sites and conduct process confirmations to ensure that support is being provided and that sites are maintaining compliance and conformance to internal and external requirements.
- Provide leadership support to direct reports (Site Safety Technician) that provide day to day support at the sites. This includes supervision and collaboration.
- Challenge and develop direct reports to provide opportunities for them to grow professionally.
- Create an open, trusted relationship with team in order to maximize open dialogue and maintain an inclusive work environment.
- Monitor overall performance at the sites and partner with local leadership, SHE subject matter experts, and other functions to deliver a high performing system.
- Develop strategies and improvement plans to drive continuous improvement, including risk reductions and cultural improvements in order to minimize incidents, with a focus on significant SHE risks.
- Develop plans to further integrate SHE into the business operations in order to maximize collaboration and proactive response to changes.
- Build partnerships with internal customers to understand their priorities and challenges and demonstrate agility in response to their needs.
- Stay current on regulatory updates and proactively develop plans to address new requirements.
- Collaborate and generate strategies to develop management system improvement plans as part of a journey to achieve World Class SHE performance.
- Periodically report on SHE performance of the sites to senior leadership.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of relevant experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE)
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliver work products on time and on/under budget
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to operate and interact with all levels within an organization (from senior executives to hourly staff) and build positive working relationships
- Strong knowledge of SHE regulations, ISO14001, and ISO45001
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Professional Certification related to Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) a plus
- Experience in heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience in the Defense industry a plus
- Experience working with Finance on budgeting and cost analysis a plus
- Experience working with Purchasing on Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotes (RFQ), and Purchase Orders (PO) a plus
- Management Experience
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.