Sr Electrical Antenna Engineer - 2nd shift
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Antenna Engineer to work in our Greenlawn, NY location on Second Shift.
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in
the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The primary focus of this role will be to participate in technical teams involved with the design, verification, test, and manufacture of antenna systems at BAE Systems. The job is required on second shift to help ensure Test Range Engineering support for the success of second shift test execution.
Responsibilities also include:
- Create new or modify existing antenna designs using full wave analysis software under the direction of a senior design engineer.
- Support Operations in the fabrication of the design and it’s testing in the appropriate antenna chamber or antenna test range.
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution of antenna products
- Production antenna support to include supervising the acceptance test sell-off and processing of test data for BAE Systems products.
Full-time onsite: Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in related engineering field and 4 years hands on experience.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal technical direction and seek out domain expertise as needed for the success of his project.
- Experience with requirements flow down as well as traceability within the larger system is a plus.
- MS Office proficient