Provisionally Licensed Therapist-CDC
Leidos is looking for a Provisionally Licensed Therapist to support child development center Schofield Barracks/Fort Shafter.
Are you in the behavioral or mental health field and ready for a change? If you are tired of sitting at a desk all day and spending long hours completing billing and documentation but still want to utilize your education and experience to help people navigate life’s challenges - Leidos has a job for you! We are looking for individuals that want to make a difference in our military service members and their families lives every day!
Be a part of the force of counseling excellence that makes a meaningful difference for our Service Members and their families! Counselors play a vital role in helping service members and their families get the added support based on their needs assessment.
Leidos is partnering with the Department of Defense Military and Family Life Counseling Program to provide highly confidential counseling services and support to military service members and their families across the country and around the world. Counseling services are generally preventive in nature and address topics such as living conditions, life skills, relationships at home and work, stress management, adjustment issues, marital problems, parenting, fear, grief, loss and much more. Our counselors use their diagnostic skills and past experience to identify high risk behaviors and assist in referral for ongoing treatment and support.
- Face-to-face counseling to military service members and their families (Individual, Couples, Family, and Children).
- Identifying risk in the community by walking around, being available, and actively engaging with the community served.
- Recommending appropriate therapy referrals and handoffs based off your experienced differential diagnostic skills to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved therapy, training and education programs and materials.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- Opportunity to participate in surge and on demand events at the military installations.
- A Master’s degree or higher in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA/PhD)
- Provisionally licensed in the state of Hawaii
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a NACI/CNACI clearance, commonly called a Public Trust clearance.
While helping America's finest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI
- Documentation is simple and easy, used for reporting activity only – no long narratives to generate
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plans
- No office to maintain
- Free work-related professional development courses
- Reimbursement for job related license renewal fees
- Flexible 40-hour work weeks
- Paid federal holidays
If you like the feel of a start-up company where every day is different, interesting, and impactful, then this is a great job for you. Apply or reach out to a Leidos recruiter to learn more.