Leidos is hiring a Field Service Technician in the Washington D.C. area This position is a part-time position (with potential for full-time) primarily scheduled afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays providing on-call support for the client. Hours for these tasks are directed by the client and may fall into late night or early morning hours. Must be a U.S citizen and hold a SECRET clearance.
As a Field Service Technician, the candidate will install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain Government Furnished Sensor Equipment (GFE). Candidate will be expected to identify, analyze, and repair product failures; order and replace parts as needed; research and answer government questions about product features, issues and upgrades.
The candidate will be required to perform warehousing tasks of receiving, ordering, and delivery/pickup of GFE. This position is part of a rapid response, small team that fields environmental sensor equipment at various sites for equipment setup, sample collection, initial processing, and packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media. In addition to shift work, travel may be required throughout the continental US. Work hours referenced above are subject to change to accommodate the needs of the customer.
Due to the high importance of this position, candidate is expected to work the scheduled days without absence. A minimum of 24-hour notice must be given if there is a foreseeable emergency and the shift cannot be worked. Candidate is expected to arrive with ample time prior to scheduled shift so that candidate is ready to depart at the scheduled time for the client site. As an ambassador for Leidos, candidate is expected to uphold the mission and values of Leidos, maintain a professional appearance and work ethic along with a positive and respectful attitude with clientele and colleagues.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain sensor equipment from storage locations, testing to ensure operational, and transporting them to all required installation site locations.
- Prepare/package GFE equipment for shipping to predetermined locations.
- Collect environmental media, package, and prepare for initial lab testing.
- Schedule and complete all logistical duties to include travel and shipping of equipment in coordination with the customer meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Track all outbound/inbound shipments with the ability to report on each point of transfer.
- Follow specific step by step instructions set forth by the customer for sample collection and testing.
- Schedule and conduct Preventive Maintenance at regular intervals; Inspect and conduct basic repairs on GFE as needed and produce equipment diagnostic/repair reports.
- Record and publish maintenance and repair status and results.
- Update deployment and warehouse records.
- Secure the sensor equipment upon task completion, package equipment and arrange for shipment back to the storage facility.
- Active SECRET Clearance.
- HS Diploma or Associate’s degree plus 5 years of work experience.
- Prior experience in field deployments and/or warehousing and logistic operations.
- Candidate should have a background in environmental sampling, and must be familiar with sample collection techniques for environmental media.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions and carry out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Must be punctual
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including the ability to update and write Status Reports and After-Action Reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive up to 500 miles during day and night time hours.
In order to install and retrieve sensors systems and environmental samples, technicians must be able to access mechanical spaces and or HVAC systems on rooftops in commercial and residential facilities or in manholes to access air intake tunnels. Thus the ability to perform the below functions is required.
- Ascend/descend fixed ladders up to 24’ in height.
- Ascend/descent five levels of stairs without stopping within 2 minutes.
- Work at elevated surface at heights of up to 40 stories for periods up to 30 minutes.
- Walk up to one mile without stopping on uneven terrain in under 20 min.
- Work in small, enclosed spaces for up to 40 minutes multiple times during the shift.
- Bend at waist, kneeling and or squatting for up to 30 seconds at a time 12 times a shift with minimum recovery time.
- Lift heavy (approx. 160 lbs. as a two-person lift) equipment in and out of vehicles (approx. 32 inches high).
- BS degree in scientific, or technical discipline plus 2 years of work experience.
- Experience performing warehousing activities and mechanical repairs.
- Experience in field deployment of mechanical equipment and operation.
- Background in CBRN environment.
- HAZWOPER certification or HAZMAT training.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.