Experienced Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Job Description Engineering lead on a multi-disciplinary design team with focus in mechanical engineering for multi-million dollar electro-optical (EO) imaging and laser applications. Work includes developing concepts and solutions for EO systems that meet Department of Defense customer requirements. Primary product applications include EO imaging and reconnaissance systems.
This is an opportunity to contribute in developing cutting edge technology.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering with two to four years experience or BS degree with six years of experience in sensor development.
- Proficiency with mechanical modeling design tools, such as Creo ProEngineer.
- Strong skills in oral and written communication and the ability to present technical subjects clearly in team meetings and project reviews. Ability to explain key system concepts and testing protocols to other engineers and technicians with optical, mechanical, electronics and software specialties.
- US citizenship required. Ability to acquire secret clearance.
- Ability to apply principles of mechanical engineering to design new concepts and solutions in product development for airborne reconnaissance and remote sensing applications in harsh environmental conditions.
- Well versed in mechanical design modeling, thermal and structural analyses.
- Engineering responsibility for assigned projects in an IPT environment for EO design, analysis, and simulation.
- Ability to independently analyze and evaluate a design concept, to produce realistic assessment of risks and to develop strategies for mitigating major risks to the projects.
- Ability to lead a technical team, coordinate and direct work lower level engineers. Provide schedule and costs estimates to support planning, and material to support presentation and proposal efforts.
- Willingness and ability to perform "hands-on" technical work in laboratory and field environments involving electro-optical assembly, optical alignment, system testing, data collection and analysis.
- Experience with Optical design tools for MatLab for numerical simulations and data/image processing and analysis highly desired.
- Experience with high powered lasers in optical systems, with specific experience in speckle interferometry is highly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership roles in project engineering, technical, and collaborative team environments.