Job Description This BAE Systems program supports a federal customer who is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. The agency is an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data to the American public, the U.S. Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business, and labor. This position supports the Current Population Survey (CPS) System that provides national labor and economic statistics to the American public, Congress, other Federal agencies, state and local governments, businesses, and labor as the monthly Employment Situation.
As part of the Test Team, develop and execute a systematic approach to software testing,
identify testing methods suitable to the system, write test plans and test cases, develop and maintain test data, execute test cases, record test results and create defect reports.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills - Five – Seven years of experience testing software applications using manual testing methods
- Experience defining and coordinating testing requirements
- Experience with a structured query language to query the database to verify test results
- Experience with Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Experience with UML artifacts such as Class Diagrams, Use Cases,
- Sequence Diagrams, Deployment Diagrams and Activity Diagrams
- Good software testing skills (system and integration testing)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills - Experience testing software applications using automated testing methods.
- Relational database experience, such as Sybase or Oracle
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit [Register to View] and follow us on Facebook: [Register to View]