Senior Front-End Software Development Engineer (Hybrid)
Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems, you’ll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced, senior Front-End Software Engineer to work on a cross-functional team. The qualified candidate will help with the User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) strategy, architecture, implementation, test, and deployment for software systems to demonstrate the solutions to some of the United States' most pressing problems.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of work experience in the area of UX/UI development
- US Citizenship with an active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required
- Enjoy building UI's with modern tools and standards like Angular, React and NodeJS
- Ability to innovate, evaluate and research new technologies while staying abreast of industry trends
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and technical lead to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- Experience with Agile software development
- Understanding of UI methodologies such as AJAX and Single Page Applications
- Familiarity with UI related design patterns such as Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Publisher-Subscriber
- Experience with Chrome/Firefox debugger
- Experience developing RESTful services using Spring, Java, and JSON
- Understanding of Java Spring Micro-Services using 12 Factor design principles
- Experience with full-stack development (Java, .NET, and/or C++)
- Experience with Cloud computing (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience with leadership such as being a Subject Matter Expert or lead of a team
- Experience designing and developing high level software architectures
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.