Electric Service Customer Engineer/Planner
Leidos is seeking an Electric Service Customer Engineer/Planner to manage and engineer customer engineering projects from single family residential to large complex electric service installations for large residential, commercial and industrial customers.
The position requires project management skills as well as knowledge of the principles and practices of electrical engineering to review and evaluate complex electrical systems. The candidate will need knowledge of construction standards and requirements for electrical service connection to give proper advice, to confirm compliance, and ensure the safe and efficient use of electric energy.
Electric Service Customer Engineer/Planner Job duties include:
- Maintain effective relationships with client personnel, as well as property owners, including their consultants and contractors, and the general public.
- Consult with engineers, architects, developers, electrical contractors, and property owners during the planning, design and construction of projects.
- Review plans prepared by engineers, architects, and electrical contractors.
- Prepare or analyze engineering reports or studies to assist customers with their electric service needs.
- Perform on-site inspections of new and revised electrical installations prior to connection with the distribution system.
- Coordinate with other client departments to ensure that new or revised electric service and other customer service needs are provided in a timely manner.
- Initiate service requests and billing instructions for services provided, prepare proposals and contracts, and provide on-going liaison with customers on service and billing.
Electric Service Customer Engineer/Planner Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with eight (8) + years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with six (6) + years of prior relevant experience, and or relative training/equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- Valid State of Hawaii Driver's License.
Electric Service Customer Engineer/Planner Experience and Skills:
- Experience in design, installation and operation of electrical distribution systems and/or electrical services in residential, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Experience with customer services work involving the coordination of complex electric service installations.
- Experience working in vaults, around electrical facilities, switchgear equipment and metering equipment.
- Ability to successfully coordinate projects with customers, engineers, operators, and metering.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with customers and other agencies involved in projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to write technical requirements documents.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as work and asset management programs, MicroStation, Bluebeam, GIS, MS Office.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time, decisions, and resources.
- Ability to work independently under time constraints and while managing multiple customer requests at the same time.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.