Would you be interested in working for an industry leader in Military GPS Technologies? At BAE Systems we produce state of the art products that help our customers stay a step ahead when protecting people, our National Security critical infrastructure, and vital information. BAE Systems is committed to investing long term in development of significant skills to meet these core values, and as such is seeking a Technical Trainer who will help meet these goals by delivering a training curriculum that will ensure our operators can meet and exceed industry standards as well as our own internal standards. The ideal candidate will have a background in training and/or communication with a knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, the technical aspects of Solder and Assembly techniques that are a core skill set within BAE Military GPS facility in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
This position is an on site position starting at our Coralville facility, then transitioning to our new facility in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Teach and demonstrate principles, techniques, procedures, and/or methods of building or inspecting Electronic Assemblies
- Mentors operators on Solder Technique
- Trains and mentors inspectors on Acceptance Criteria per NSS Workmanship standards which aligns with IPC and JSTD Criteria
- Maintains knowledge of best practices and processes utilized on the production floor
- Select and assemble materials, supplies, and equipment for training courses
- Evaluate participant competency to ensure understanding of materials
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Obtain certification to present and facilitate technical quality training related to process specifications and workmanship standards
- Experience with either delivering or developing training information, both preferred
- Experience with soldering tools including hot tweezers, hot air reflows, preheater for component assembly and removal
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical, communications, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Outlook platforms
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Working Knowledge of IPC and JSTD documents
- Capacity to connect students with course materials
- Ability to teach complex concepts in course materials
- Focus and awareness of Safety, Health and Environmental avoidance techniques
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.