Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as an Operations Manager?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) is seeking a highly motivated Operations Manager out of our Enterprise Operations Center in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing teams of infrastructure engineers providing Cloud operations support to our DoD customer. The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the program and ensuring processes and procedures are in place for effective and efficient operations in support of our customer.
The Operations Manager will oversee day-to-day operations of a 1901 Group program for Cloud infrastructure services, including ITIL-aligned service desk, patching, network, server, and storage functions and have overall responsibility for managing ticket flows using established ITIL processes, including incident, change, and service requests, and asset management. The Operations Manager will serve as the lead for the 1901 Group operations team.
• Oversee a diverse set of infrastructure services including cloud operations, OS management, backup & storage, patching, security operations etc.
• Provide all customer-facing aspects for Platform IT Operations across multiple production environments, including service desk, major incident management, day-to-day operational support, and end-to-end customer relationship management. Includes all service management capabilities to ensure IT Operations is meeting platform service requirements across the system.
• Be responsible for the maintenance and operational performance of Cloud based IT infrastructure in support of large scale and complex ERP applications.
• Ensure the recovery time of a platform outage is minimized to prevent negative business impact and improve system availability.
• Maintain critical relationships with partners and vendors to enable delivery of services to our end customers.
• Continuously improve processes, quality, and efficiency by analyzing metrics and performance indicators such as tickets, processes, and workflow, and identifying improvements.
• Identify and communicate risks in a timely manner
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in in IT infrastructure support with 2+ years operational supervisorial or managerial experience, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
• Familiar with Cloud based infrastructure technologies and operations.
• ITIL Certification. Experience with ITIL service management processes and tools.
• Knowledgeable in applying ITIL processes to a Cloud IT infrastructure support and operations program.
• Experience managing operations teams and projects including responsibility for planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion program goals and objectives.
• Experienced in Project Task Estimation, Resource Scheduling, Risk Management, and Issue Management.
• Strong communicator both written and verbal with ability to communicate up through Sr. Leadership, providing all customer-facing aspects for IT Operations.
• Ensure quality of performance against operations Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• US Citizenship
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Familiarity with cloud technology environments
• Experience with deploying and configuring solutions to provide and manage access to virtual, and cloud-based computing resources through software abstractions for resource allocation, access control, and usage monitoring, including virtual machines and virtual private networks.
• Experience with ITSM platforms such as ServiceNow
• Experience with cloud migration of systems and applications
• Manage operations personnel with focus on coaching and mentoring direct reports towards their professional interests and career growth objectives.
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.