DevOps Engineering II
QTC’s New Markets and Emerging Technologies IT team is currently seeking experienced DevOps Engineers in support of the company’s overall IT modernization and corporate growth goals.
QTC is currently searching for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Senior Director of New Markets and Emerging Technologies within the IT organization. The New Markets and Emerging Technologies team has been charged with assessing QTC’s current capabilities and doing two things: One, find ways to leverage these capabilities with new customers and markets. Two, bring in new technology to make existing processes better (e.g., more efficient, more secure), or to bring in capabilities that are not part of QTC’s core that will benefit the company and its customers. This will be achieved in short, proof of concept projects that align to a larger roadmap of technical or contractual capabilities. The proof of concepts will take place in a pre-production environment but will include a path to production should the project prove valuable to the company. This is a great opportunity to learn about QTC and provide innovative thought into growing the company.
The New Markets & Emerging Technologies DevOps Engineering Lead will support technical efforts surrounding the optimization of engineering and integration processes associated with existing and new capabilities within the QTC capability portfolio. The candidate will work closely with the Senior Director, the engineering/architecture team, and development teams to create strategies, plans, and processes in order to test out proof of concept technologies that may roll out in future QTC capabilities. The candidate will be part of the SecDevOps team within the New Markets & Emerging Technologies team.
- Develop and support containerized microservices within a Kubernetes cluster
- Development of microservices to implement new capabilities or enhance existing services
- Full stack implementation and support capabilities
- Creative problem solving of issues that arise in local and production environments
- Own tasks through analysis, implementation, and production deployment
- Work closely with Operations team to provide repeatable, automated process
- Support CI/CD automation related to services
- Mentor other team-members through code-reviews and one-on-one sessions
- Create adequate and understandable documentation for services
- Communicate effectively across product, development, operations, and application security teams
- Participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies when encountered
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
- BS Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with <2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- Understand strategic direction and lead team to reach goals
- Use judgment to determine solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with development teams to understand project deliverables and promote SecDevOps culture
- Experience working in AWS/Azure cloud environment, solution architecture with AWS/Azure.
- Experience on a project with at least 1 yr duration implementing automation frameworks including one or more of the following: Ansible, Gitlab CI, Python, shell scripting
- Experience using or implementing development & automation tools such as Git, Jira, Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault, Kubernetes, Nexus, Maven,
- Experience designing and implementing container-based applications
- Experience scripting and/or programming in a Unix, Linux, Windows environment
- Experience architecting and implementing solutions using container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Konvoy, OpenShift, or Mesos
- Experience architecting and implementing solutions using private or public cloud
- Experience integrating DevOps pipeline with test automation tools
- Experience architecting and implementing infrastructure as code solutions
- Strong development experience with:
- Spring based microservices
- REST API’s (JSON, XML)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Exposure to:
- Linux (RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu)
- Scripting (Bash, Python)
- CI/CD automation (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Automated unit and integration testing (e.g. Junit, Jasmine, Selenium)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Agile software development (Kanban, Scrum), including testing
- DevOps and operational support experience
- Experience with health system infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Experience with the following technologies is desired:
- Gitlab pipeline automation
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- AWS Managed Services
- Static code analysis & quality (e.g. Sonarqube, Sqale, JArchitect, Fortify)
- Container/Artifact Registries (e.g. Nexus, Harbor)
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.