Junior Systems Engineer
Job Description You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems is looking for an entry level Systems Engineer. The qualified candidate will be working on a multi-disciplinary team, in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support complex SW/HW based systems. Tasks may include identifying, documenting, and tracking requirements; performing requirements analysis; performing software/system integration, regression, verification, and validation testing; and developing test scripts. Position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis on Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you’ll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Beyond exciting work, each college hire in engineering will be part of our Year One program.
An exciting future at BAE Systems awaits and it starts with Year One— a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career.
- Develop skills:
- Receive immediate mentorship from experienced managers and engineers and explore classes to find your comfort zone
- Network and collaborate:
- Make lasting connections with your Year One peers, employees and leadership
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Temporary remote/Hybrid (COVID-19): Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will be conducted remotely or in a hybrid format on a temporary basis. Based on pandemic conditions, once the employee’s assigned site begins a broader transition back to the workplace, the role will transition to full-time onsite.
Salary Range: $59,950 - $101,970
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 0 years related experience
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Ability to perform requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile Objectives and iterative development schedules
- Ability to apply waterfall or iterative/agile development techniques that are appropriate to the environment
- Ability to use statistical analysis methods and tools
- Ability to work with customers in a software test environment
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering
- GPA 3.0 and above
- Systems Engineering related intern, work, or hobby experience
- Knowledge of requirement management tools (e.g., DOORS, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g., ClearCase, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Experience setting-up and running test tools (e.g., eggPlant, SilkPerformer, SpiraTest, etc.)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.