Fall Protection Trainer (Virtual/Travel)
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
The focus of the position will be providing support to the FAA’s Fall Protection Programs and you will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to all levels of FAA and NISC management.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Project management and planning.
- Work place inspections.
- Training and reporting.
Note: This is a virtual position with up to 75% travel. Candidate can live anywhere within the United States.
Education and experience:
Requires BS degree and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis as needed.
- Ability to work at heights, successfully complete fall protection training, and achieve rescue level fall protection certification.
- Ensure all fall protection specifications are consistent with all applicable Federal, State, Local and Agency specific laws, regulations, and guidelines related to Fall Protection.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 75 lbs.
- Solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations, practices, and/or protocols.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related reports.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior FAA experience is desired.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [Register to View]
The NISC III program within the [Register to View] at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting [Register to View] , and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “[Register to View] ” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.