We are looking for a skilled and experienced Substation Designer to work out of our Framingham, MA office
In this role, you will use accepted practices and standards to create substation design drawing packages and required documents for electric power substations from 12kV to 500kV.
Physical designer responsibilities include:
- Develop an arrangement of substation structures, equipment and foundation plan drawings.
- Develop and create section views and other detail drawings of substation structures, equipment
- Develop substation control building equipment, cable tray and lighting plans
- Develop layout of conduit plan and ground grid design and equipment grounding plan.
- Develop bill of materials for major equipment and materials.
- Review and approve vendor equipment drawings
- Create a material order list for substation material requisition.
- An associate degree in engineering technology or drafting technology
- Must have 4-8 years of substation design experience using CAD preferably electric utility industry related projects.
- A combination of education and a demonstrated related experience may be substituted in lieu of education and experience requirements.
- Advanced understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, Word, and Excel to develop project deliverables.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Advanced ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others including, but not limited to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in a multi-discipline groups
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
Preferred Experience/Additional information:
- Experience with utility power substation design knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with SDS 3D inventor is a plus.
Unleash your potential!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click [Register to View] !
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and [Register to View] with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as [Register to View] . We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.