Network Operations Manager
Major Job Activities:
• Manages software, virtual environments, and multiple network configurations for the NIPRNet/SIPRNet.
• Manages the installation, configuration, and integration of all networks, software, and hardware.
• Manages VoIP Infrastructure Configuration, Infrastructure, and Support.
• Ensures Accurate and Responsive Data and Metrics Collection and Reporting.
• Integrates a variety of software upgrades to support VoIP communication channels.
• Specifically, the C4 contract is serviced by two points of presence and four critical communication facilities: which include voice communications, Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication Systems (JWICS).
• Responsible for supporting the information technology (IT) requirements for approximately 300+ buildings. The base infrastructure contains 16 Information Transfer Buildings (ITB), 300 End Building (EB), with 1,000 network switches and 18,000 endpoints.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
• Computers, servers, switches, patch panels, software platforms, virtual environments, and any equipment and software used in support of this contract in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M.
• Office computers and equipment, telephones, Microsoft Office suite of tools, spreadsheets, and database outputs and reporting, virtual data sharing platforms (e.g., SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and other forms of remote work sharing tools.
• Primarily performed in an office environment, with work in virtual space, as well as operations centers, network/server rooms, and other datacenter environments.
• Must be able to sit, stand, and work at a computer for long periods of time.
Education / Certifications:
• Minimum of five (5) years’ demonstrated certifications and experience in Project Management and DoD Network support.
• TS/SCI eligible security clearance required.
• Minimum current DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification required.
• Minimum five (5) years’ Information Technology experience in managing a base-level or equivalent C4 support organization.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ demonstrated experience in Project Management and DoD Network support.
Skills & Technology Used:
• Solar Winds, KMETS
• NIPRNet/SIPRNET servers, tape backups, and data storage
• Hatteras/Pairgain modems
• TDM transport nodes and ancillary equipment
• DISA Circuits
• TDMs: Nortel/Avaya
• Callegra with Lumenvox IVRS systems.
• Vesta E911 Servers/ Consoles, and Eventide Recorders
• Cable and LAN Repair Systems, Site Surveys, Dig Permits, underground conduits, aerial and buried cables
• Radio Communications and Antenna Systems, Land Mobile Radios (LMR), and PWCS account management
• Giant Voice/Alert Route Controllers, Towers, Strobes, Public Address systems, and Klaxon intercom systems
• End-User systems (e.g., desktops, laptops, printers and other peripheral systems.
• Microsoft SharePoint (SP), VTC and sVTC systems
• Microsoft Office Suite of tools, Microsoft TEAMS and other virtual communications platforms
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
• May supervise other managers, supervisors, key personnel and IT network staff.
• May be responsible identifying and quantifying project fiscal/budget estimates.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.