Computer Systems Analyst Senior
Major Job Activities:
• Maintains, installs, programs, troubleshoots, and performs preventive maintenance of cryptographic equipment and its associated communications equipment and perform contingency circuit activation/deactivation.
• Supports systems that support video, data and voice transmissions, including telecommunications, internet technology, computer systems, networking, broadband technology and radio communications.
• Duties include troubleshooting system issues, inspecting and maintaining communications systems and keeping detailed maintenance records.
• Responsible for the install, test, maintenance and upgrades of communications equipment.
• Works specifically with computer systems to install software, maintain network security, and improve network efficiency.
• Repair and service equipment with the goal of achieving maximum efficiency while maintaining quality service.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and make necessary repairs to C4 systems to ensure designed system configurations are met.
• Ensure primary requirements of the performance work statement (PWS) are performed IAW with Department and Safety guidelines/procedures.
• Follow preventative maintenance program guidelines for assigned equipment.
• Educate customers on preventive maintenance and safety regulations.
• Provide regularly scheduled updates of services performed to leadership.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
• Office computers and equipment, telephones, Microsoft Office suite of tools, spreadsheets and database outputs and reporting, virtual data sharing platforms (e.g., SharePoint, Teams, etc.), and other forms of remote work-sharing tools.
• Primarily performed in an office environment, with work in virtual space, as well as operations centers, network/server rooms, and other datacenter environments.
• The Computer Systems Analyst Senior must be available during duty hours, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays, or when the Govertnment installation/facility is closed for administrative reasons.
• Must be able to sit, stand, and work at a computer for long periods of time. Medium work. Must be able to sit, stand, and work at a computer for long periods of time. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Education / Certifications:
• U.S. Citizen.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• High School/GED, Associates Degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in providing routine, general, and complex/advanced tasks.
• Experience performing activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection), using measurement devices, and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Skills & Technology Used:
• Microsoft Office.
• Microsoft Teams.
• Ability to perform complex tasks without supervision.
• Experience performing basic fact finding and analysis of maintenance processes and procedures.
• Conducts analysis of maintenance processes in order to identify problem areas, prepare status reports, or provide other types of information as requested.
• Follows the guidance and instructions from Supervisor or higher-level analyst.
• Capable of working independently and resolving simple or routine problems.
• May offer technical assistance to other personnel in the maintenance area.
• Performs other duties as assigned and may occasionally perform other duties for the purpose of familiarization and/or training.
• Be capable of learning new system’s that are specific to a given work area for equipment tracking purposes; having an advanced understanding of Microsoft Office with the ability to perform Microsoft Access Administration and Development.
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
• May be responsible identifying and quantifying project fiscal/budget estimates.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.