The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) has an opening for a Consulting Employee in our Beavercreek, OH office with part-time virtual support as well. The candidate will provide hypersonics technical thought leadership within Leidos and Department of Defense customer community to capture and execute research and development programs. In technical and strategic position, the candidate will be expected to apply deep domain knowledge toward business development, solutions, problem solving, and leadership to help strengthen the Leidos air-breathing hypersonics program portfolio.
Provide technical and strategic thought leadership and support to Leidos hypersonic chief engineers and program managers:
1. Provide technical advice/input that impact program execution, customer deliverables, and Leidos business results.
2. Support technical execution and assist chief engineer in solution development, trade studies, and other system engineering functions.
3. Apply domain expertise to review and provide feedback on technical solutions and results.
4. Resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring hypersonic vehicle design.
5. Lead independent studies and/or analysis when required.
6. Communicate internally and externally with senior executive leadership.
• Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced hypersonic technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
• Domain specific knowledge in the areas of Hypersonics, super/hypersonic Aerothermodynamics, Guidance/Navigation/Control, Modeling and Simulation, and Weapons Systems Engineering.
• Independence: Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to operate independently with limited supervision and feedback.
• Education: Requires a Master’s with at least 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or a Ph.D. with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience; degrees must be in Aerospace, Mechanical or similar discipline.
• Travel: Ability to travel on an as needed basis.
• Clearance: Must be a U.S. Citizen with active Secret clearance. Preferred active TS clearance.
Technical: Prior experience with planning and execution of hypersonic vehicle design and/or flight test will be preferred.
Leadership and Program Management: Prior experience in managing DOD research efforts is a plus. Preference given to candidates with experience in managing research efforts funded by AFRL, DARPA, ONR, and similar.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.