Program Manager III - Optical Electronic Warfare
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
BAE Systems is seeking a passionate and self-starting individual to lead multiple optical electronic warfare programs and growth opportunities within the Strategic Air portfolio in our Countermeasure & Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) Business Area, located in Merrimack, NH. This key leadership position will drive growth though execution of existing contracts and key strategic campaigns, positioning us to win the next generation of full spectrum electronic warfare opportunities. This position is a bridge between execution, capture leadership, and strategy development. A key component to success is comprehensive internal and external customer interaction, creating the alignment with the company’s value proposition and the customer’s needs. The successful candidate will use the full breadth of company resources to solve our customers’ challenges and demonstrate the ability to influence the customer stakeholders. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team, deliver advanced technologies, and capabilities and provide the Warfighter a mission critical advantage.
- Provide leadership and programmatic management oversight of a project team assuring the project meets financials, schedule, and technical objectives, and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develop program/project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Direct program activities to meet work objectives and serves as a liaison with customers to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems
- Identify risks and documents program progress including implementation, time lines, issues, risks, quality and successes measures to meet contractual requirements
- Communicate with all levels of BAE Systems senior management regarding program performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk) as well as performance to annual financial objectives
- Manage program scope and cost estimating, including estimate to complete/estimate at completion (ETC/EAC) processes
- Provide leadership and support to Earned Value Management, Master Planning Techniques (IMP/IMS) and Subcontract Management
- Lead and inspire diverse teams in a high tempo environment
- Train, mentor, coach, and develop staff
- Lead capture teams to develop and execute capture/ campaign strategies to drive business growth.
- Engage with key external and internal decision makers as a thought leader in the mission and market space.
- Engage and inform executive leadership with the voice of the customer and advocate internally for the actions and commitments necessary to win.
- Emphasize mission awareness and drive solutions to provide value to the customer’s end user, enhancing mission success.
- Lead customer engagements to create trust.
- Influence requirements to ensure BAE discriminating elements are valued.
- Create an environment that inspires employees and strive for continuous improvement.
- Build culture of transparency; foster collaboration; accept coaching.
- Demonstrate passion to win.
- Lead by example.
- Maintain a strategic perspective on your capture/campaign and constantly seek signs of customer alignment and validation.
- Develop effective business cases, strategic partner relationships and drive technology development plans.
- Drive a competitive awareness culture and establish a rigorous, ethical competitive intelligence campaign to monitor external threats and opportunities.
- Seek external sources to continually validate strategic objectives and progress.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships.
Participate in speaking engagements, briefings and thought leadership activities representing BAE capabilities.
Lead capture efforts, to include: developing overall win strategy, shaping deal with customer, developing teaming strategy and closing with teammates; understanding pricing and driving winning price; and assessing customer requirements and competitor strategies.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- US Citizen, Secret Clearance with ability to achieve TS/ SCI.
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Minimum 10 year of Defense Industry experience.
- Program management experience or managing multiple contract awards.
- Excellent program/project management skills and experience managing subcontractors.
- Brilliant on the basics – high level of business and financial acumen, with proven ability to manage scope and budget.
- Track record of leading successful strategic captures.
- Demonstrated success in leading and winning contracts >$50M.
- Knowledge of Government/DoD contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Ability to write unsolicited white papers resulting in revenue streams.
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the domestic and international military markets.
- Ability to shape Section L and Section M criteria to maximize scoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Top Secret Clearance with recent SCI Billet.
- Master of Science and/or MBA.
- PMP, Agile, ITIL or other related Certifications.
- Minimum 15 year of Defense Industry experience.
- Black Belt equivalent Certification in Capture Management, per emerging industry standards.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in Electronic Warfare.
- Expertise and knowledge in the entire development system life cycle, to include Operations and Maintenance (O&M).
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.