IT Project Manager-Expert
- Direct activities to meet the sponsors organizational work objectives and serves as a liaison to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems
- Applying project management model (e.g. Agile, Spiral, Waterfall) for a given effort
- Serve as programmatic liaison to the sponsor; maintains enterprise sponsor contacts to ensure conformity to all contractual obligations
- Formulate outcome and performance based tasking that leverages program control systems including, but not limited to EVMS and related program control methodologies.
- Provide technical and financial reports in order to document progress for the enterprise sponsor.
- Maintain individual project schedules and schedule forecasts.
- Autonomous approach that provides guidance and leadership to the sponsor and their management stakeholders.
- Work closely with the BAE Systems Talent Acquisition team to identify new candidates and adjudicate the interviews, vetting and hiring of the new required resources.
- Manage the program staff directly.
- Identify risks and documents program progress including implementation, time lines, issues, risks, quality and successes measures to meet contractual requirements
- Provide status reporting to the enterprise sponsor, and our internal team on progress toward objectives
- Manage and ensure all project issues are resolved promptly to avoid negative impact to the budget or schedule.
- Requires excellent and proven attention to detail skills
- Extensive Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience managing government equipment
- PMP, Agile, ITIL or other related Certifications
- Quality processes including ISO, Six Sigma, CMMi
- Knowledge in the entire development system life cycle
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies
- Creating and managing a shared pool of internal and subcontract resources
- Experience working with the government
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.