Shipping & Receiving Clerk (SSA)
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving and unloading incoming goods, verifying goods with documentation, and process the documentation in accordance with local policies.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against the DD Form 1348 documents.
- Ensure that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles.
- Prepare and keep records of goods shipped, e.g., DD Form 1348, bill of lading. CMOS tracking information.
- Completed the unofficial or official Global Combat Support System Army (GCSS-ARMY) training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work will typically be in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- Rarely will an employee be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- Working outside in the elements will definitely occur when vehicles and containers arrive for unloading.
- Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs.; stooping; climbing; operate a forklift, prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
- Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required is certain areas, such PPE includes but is not limited to face mask covering nose and mouth, head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.
- Activities will revolve around extended periods of sitting and communicating via email and telephone.
- Visual acuity necessary for computer work and data manipulation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. One year of related experience maybe substituted for one year of education, if a degree is required.
- Specific contractual requirements regarding education and experience prevail where applicable.
- Forklift license
- Must be able to obtain a NACI Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintan a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Storage and warehouse functions and associated experience in computer support systems applicable to the requisition, receipt, storage, issue, and associated warehousing functions.
- Experience with the GCSS-Army system.
- Experience with CMOS.
- 1 year Forklift experience required
SUPERVISORY/ BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY:
To be qualified for this position you must comply with the government customer’s requirement that you either provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, or agree to undergo and provide results of weekly COVID-19 testing.
As of now, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 you must have received either two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine, two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine, two doses of Moderna Vaccine, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and two weeks must have elapsed after the final dose was administered.
This definition may change in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Compliance with this directive is an essential function of the position and is a condition of employment.