NCTAMS PAC provides comprehensive, around-the-clock telecommunications support to strategic and tactical war-fighters throughout the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command Area of Responsibility and beyond. This position supports the management, operation and maintenance of 4 Operations Centers:
• Wahiawa, Hawaii Satellite Communications (SATCOM) is the backbone of the U.S. military’s communication, offering the war-fighter a point of entrance into the DoDIN and legacy tactical C4I services with reliable high-throughput telecommunications utilizing various RF spectrum bands
• Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is the Defense Department’s next-generation narrowband military satellite communications system. It will support a worldwide, multiservice population of UHF band users, providing increased communications capabilities to smaller terminals while still supporting interoperability with legacy terminals. MUOS is designed to support users that require mobility, high data rates and improved operational availability
• Kaneohe, Hawaii Tactical Support Communications (TSCOMM), provides rapid, reliable, secure communications support for forces deployed overseas and at home ports within the U.S.
• Naval Radio Transmitting Facility (NRTF), Lualualei provides operational Command and Control communications utilizing the Very Low Frequency (VLF) and Low Frequency (LF) radio spectrums.
The Training Manager shall be the central point for the management of training of all staff under the purview of this contract and will maintain, update and execute the training program for the Operations Centers listed above.
Major Job Activities:
• This position reports to the Vectrus Program Manager
• Coordinate training efforts with Program of Record
• Create training, Personal Qualification Standards (PQS), and examination material for all four O&M disciplines (Network, System Administration, Security, and Maintenance)
• Keep accurate accounting of personnel training progress & completions. This includes O&M technology-specific training, CyberSecurity compliance, 3M qualifications and KMI qualifications.
• Establish training packages for all new/on-boarding personnel
• Maintain and keep accurate inventory the training library of physical and recorded media/resources
• Provide assistance to Operations & Maintenance personnel as required
Flexible 8x5 (Monday-Friday) (24x7 on-call) work schedule 24-hour X 7 support.
Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs a distance of 50 feet horizontally and 35 lbs vertically a distance of 50 feet without resting.
Education / Certifications:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Pre-employment drug screening is required
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field with a minimum of 5 years specialized technical experience and/or
• This is a CSWF Code 71 position and requires compliance with Cyber Security Work Force Requirements and DoD Directive 8140.01 Cyberspace Workforce Management, DoD Directive 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program and SECNAV M-5239.2 Cyberspace Information Technology and Cybersecurity Workforce Management and Qualification Manual.
• Must be minimally IAT Level II certified and enrolled in COMPTIA Continuing Education (Security+ certification in accordance with DoD 8570.1-M and SECNAV-M 5239.2)
• Obtain KMI 301 certification within 30 days of hire
Experience / Skills:
• The On-site training manager shall possess relevant experience of managing a training program at a comparable operational telecommunications facility.
• Must have intermediate level understanding of networking, system administration, security, and hardware replacement
• Must be capable of interpreting technical data and developing training requirements for various staff to include utilizing a variety of methods and approaches for developing and conducting training to maintain a high level of proficiency within the staffing
• Possess the patience and ability to provide quality training to all staff at different learning levels
• Previous Program knowledge/experience preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.