Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is looking for an Engineering Technician to join a growing, fast-paced engineering research, development, testing and evaluation team. The position works closely with the Engineering Team and Test Director to support at-sea testing and system checkout/prep activities. Specific responsibilities include: supporting lab and at-sea testing of project UUVs; assisting with the execution and reporting of pre-deployment regression tests; technical troubleshooting of UUV components and sub-systems; mechanical integration of hardware; test preparation and checkout activities; lab support tasks such as shipping/receiving coordination, inventory and parts tracking, and facilities / space management.
This position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. You will be supporting engineering research, development, testing and evaluation directly at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific located in San Diego, California
- Safely conduct sea-tests in variable sea-states with variable personnel
- Communicate effectively – specifically during dynamic environments at sea
- Set-up and conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering analysis.
- Provide field service support on an as-needed basis, including support at-sea.
- Collect, maintain, organize, compile, and manipulate technical data
- Work closely with engineering and recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Perform incoming material receiving inspection for circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and wire harnesses
- Familiar with executing and planning at-sea test activities
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/software systems
- Experience with oceanographic instruments – deployment/recovery/use
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders, and test procedures.
- Experience with the use and operation of standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Sec
- Experience in robotics or unmanned systems
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work on a small boat (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Ability to support after-hours and on weekends as needed
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.