FSET-Afloat Network Engineer Senior
Act as senior technical advisor to Carrier Strike Group/Amphibious Ready Group staff N6. Support the ship and staff during installation, testing and problem isolation of C4ISR systems, and support ships while embarked during deployment. Provide end-to-end technical support for C4ISR, RF, and IT systems; assist CSG/ESG and other staffs with speed-to-capability technology insertions; provide feedback to COMNAVWAR/PEO C4I/PEO EIS on system performance, design and logistics issues.
- Act as Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6, provide assist in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
- Works with shipboard technicians, ship and staff officers, In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA), Regional Maintenance Centers (RMC), installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
- Documents issues and resolution of issues using INTELSHARE FSET Status Reports and after action reports. Provides reports to Fleet Readiness Directorate as directed.
- Provides OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
- Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections. Assist with System Operation and Verification Testing (SOVT).
- Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard deployments of 8-12 weeks and overseas travel. Premium pay will be paid for underway periods. Other than normal working hours may be required.
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 8+ years technical experience in related discipline required.
- 6+ years of experience with DoD enterprise or Navy networks. Fleet experience highly desired.
- 6+ years of experience in troubleshooting networks and operating system issues across multiple systems.
- IAT2 certifications required for IA (Security+ CE or equivalent) required. IAT2 for OS highly desired
- Windows Server, CISCO and VMWare training/certifications highly desired.
- Must be able to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity, for IT and RF communications systems, involving multiple sites and multiple systems.
- Must be able to provide OJT to technical personnel
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret technical documentation, schematics, SOPs, and other documents relating to the operation and configuration of Navy C4I Systems
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel.
- Secret Clearance required. Clearance will depend on location.
California Salary Range:
• $80,000 - 112,065.20
• The salary range provided is intended to display the value of the company’s base pay compensation for locations in the state of California.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.