Angular React Software Engineer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our [Register to View] is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the [Register to View] of working for a world-class employer. [Register to View] you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
As a member of the Engineering and Development team, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
The NASA IT portfolio within Civil-EMS currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer. This is a telework position, but the ideal candidate will reside within reasonable commute distance from a NASA operating center. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NASA End-User Services and Technologies (NEST) mission. In this mission, we serve as an agile, trusted partner to transform, integrate, simplify, modernize, and safeguard NASA IT systems and data. And, above all else, continuously enhance the end-user experience.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing and maintaining complex applications and databases. This includes supporting applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed as well as developing technical program documentation. Must be able to clearly articulate technical dialog with a variety of audiences to include NEST and NASA management. Must be able to work within a team environment as this position will interact with not only members of NEST but also cross contracts with other service offices.
- Senior-level software development support
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, implements, and maintains software products including major enhancements
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Instructs, mentors, and checks the work of other software developers on development team
- Participates in development of software documentation (e.g. Solution Specification, Data Mapping, User Manuals, etc.)
- Ability to develop, test, implement, and maintain complex applications
- Experience with .NET 6, .NET Core, and .NET Framework
- Expertise developing applications (i.e. Web, Console, Services, REST and SOAP API) in C# via Visual Studio
- Experience developing HTML and web applications
- Expertise with established UX libraries and frameworks (Angular, React, etc)
- Experience with GIT repositories
- Experience debugging code and root cause analysis techniques
- Experience gathering and analyzing customer requirements
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
- Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
- Ability to obtain a security clearance commensurate with the position
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working with SQL Server (tables, stored procedures, etc)
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Experience working in the NASA environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.