Job Description BAE Systems is seeking an Operations Director (IT Systems Security Engineer) to lead our Information Environment section supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) National Cyber Range Complex (NCRC).
This facility supports the Test Resource Management Center’s (TRMC) mission to provide realistic cybersecurity environments for test and evaluation of major DoD acquisition programs and to enable the conduct of realistic training and certification events for the DoD Cyber Mission Force. The NCRC facility may also support non-DoD customers such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS), industry, academia and international partners.
The successful candidate will serve at the Orlando, Florida site.
This position is contingent upon award.
The Operations Director is a critical position. The candidate will supervise, direct, and manage all aspects of the range operations. Primary responsibilities include ensuring event design, requirements, processes, resources, schedules, and stakeholders are coordinated to deliver a wide variety of cyber range events. The position also evaluates, recommends, and implements range operations optimization tools and strategies; assesses, designs, and conceptualizes improved range operations scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools and other state-of-the-art technologies related to range operations requirements. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports recommending enterprise and site improvements. Serves as subject matter specialist providing cyber range operations and weapons systems testing know-how for the support of user requirements for testing including a range of Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 3 through TRL 9. This positions supports the program and all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 14+ Years with HS, 12+ Years with AA, 10+ Years with BS, 8+ Years with MS, 6+ Years with PHD
- Cybersecurity and/or intelligence experience
- Prior experience in project/event management is desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level II or higher in DoD Acquisition
- Microsoft Project Experience
- Familiarity with IMP/IMS, WBS, and control account structure and earned value analysis
- Proven experience with analyzing business process or process documentation to identify areas of improvement and efficiency
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-motivated team player
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Active Secret clearance with ability to receive TS/SCI eligibility
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Bachelors degree with 12+ years of experience
- PMP certification
- Experience using support applications/databases including Microsoft Office Project, Word, Excel and Access
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.