Sr. ETL Engineer
What’s it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. As a member of our team, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who design the products and systems that support enhanced capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Developer to join a strong team supporting our government customer. This position will provide the ability to make a significant impact to the mission while also allowing the candidate grow their skills and career. Successful candidate will need to be able to maintain existing software (primarily [Register to View] with a little Java and Perl) as the transition from server based to cloud based occurs. The candidate will work with a GOTS-based Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) system that loads information into Postgres database with billions of rows and deals with a file repository that is in a Petabyte range. In addition, the candidate will be highly involved in the engineering planning and transition of the existing system software / data into a Cloud-based (currently AWS) solution.
Required by this team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
- At least 6 years’ experience with ETL.
- Database ETL engineers should have experience with Oracle 11g/12c, Linux (CentOS, Red Hat), and Windows environments.
- Software/scripting engineers should have experience performing software and scripting engineering for data ingest with Java or Python for ETL.
- Experience with web services and/or microservices.
- Experience using software repository tools such as GIT or SVN.
- XML parsing
- Linux shell scripting
Preferred by this team:
- Network knowledge to troubleshoot Network issues