Job Description Our talented team of engineers is looking for another software engineer to help us with the BAE mission to protect those that protect us. It might be you!
At BAE Systems we live our motto, “We Protect Those Who Protect Us.” In every domain, on land, in the air, under the sea, and in space, our technology is bringing the future to life and protecting the warfighter. Our talented multi-discipline team of engineers focuses on the Space domain and uses agile software development methodologies to develop software that is deployed in AWS and to our own private cloud of GPUs. Come join us as we deliver vital software solutions for national security!
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer a flexible work environment and multiple options for work schedules (9/80, 4/10, and others). Our company is part of the community and driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
Our team’s main location is in Merrimack, NH but we’re looking to hire new team members to work in our San Diego, CA and Reston, VA locations and make occasional trips to NH.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site.
- Contribute to agile software design, development, test, deployment, and documentation of features and fixes in ongoing software releases with one major release a year
- Work closely with program subject matter experts to learn the code base and identify portions for which to take ownership
- Collaborate well across our multi-discipline team of engineers
- Communicate regularly with our NH team
- Travel: Up to 10%, likely much less.
This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems customer facility or BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status. Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- TS Clearance (active within the last two years) and an adjudicated poly
- Have or able to achieve Security+ certification upon hire
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Proficiency in React and/or Java.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proficiency with source code control tools such as git or Bitbucket
- Experience developing on Linux Operating Systems
- Strong communication, collaboration, & interpersonal skills and a willingness to ask questions!
- Ability to work on-site
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Experience with agile development
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools: Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Knowledge of DevSecOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, containers, or Kubernetes would be nice to have!
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.