Mid-Level Java Software Engineer
Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Mid-Level Java Software Engineer to join our team within our Intelligence Organization. This is a great opportunity to support a project that has cutting edge technology onsite in Point Loma, CA!
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
Leidos is looking for a Mid-Level Java Software Engineer to assist with building and maintaining code emulators utilizing authentication, encryption, and cryptographic applications.
The candidate will be knowledgeable about (and apply) secure software development principles and techniques. He/she will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation management process and understand software components and their interface requirements. The candidate will interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, test engineers, quality assurance, and other project team members. He/she will be responsible for setting the standards and helping the team adopt and adhere to Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on assigned tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product suite and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
Education: BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. At least 5+ years of experience with software development / engineering, preferably in a web-based environment. Following are a list of required and preferred languages, frameworks and skillsets.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Knowledge with Java Swing GUI
- Knowledge with GIT or other configuration management tools
- Familiarity with Spring Boot Library / Spring Framework
- Interested in Cybersecurity protocols and secure communications
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile environments (e.g., SAFe, XP)
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
DESIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge with Networking / Communication Protocols such as TLS Handshake and HTTPS
- Experience working with Maven
- Experience with Web Services Architectures (REST, SOAP, AWS)
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Git, GitHub)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Quality, and DevOps concepts and tools / technologies (e.g., Ant / Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, FishEye, Crucible, Gradle, Junit)
- Experience with Build Scripts (e.g., Maven, ANT)
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Experience with Web Server Configuration (e.g., JBOSS, Wildfly, Tomcat)
- Experience with Database Development (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle)
SanDiegoPay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.