Senior Technology Development Analyst
Are you a creative problem solver? Can you capture the bottom-line and convey to senior leaders? Do you want to make a difference that counts? Join Leidos and make a difference for our Federal customer in national security as a high-performing program and policy analyst within the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Engineering and Technology Maturation.
You will use your Department of Defense (DoD) operations experience and acquisition/system engineering skills on a portfolio of programs crucial to the future of the Nation’s nuclear weapons stockpile and enterprise.
This is a full-time contractor-support position that requires on-site support at the NNSA offices in downtown Washington DC, several times a week, with periodic travel, and a potential opportunity for partial telework. Must be local to the area, or willing to relocate at your own expense.
Must possess an active DOE Q or DoD Top Secret clearance to be considered.
- Provide Federal Program Managers with concise, accurate and timely analyses and information to support programmatic decision-making
- Draft reports and briefings from joint studies with the AF and Navy
- Respond to direction from the Nuclear Weapons Council (NWC), and coordinate inputs with other NNSA programs, the National Laboratories, and DoD representatives
- Support Federal customer in meetings that cover system interfaces and associated physical environment requirements, technology readiness assessments, and recommend actions that improve inter-Departmental (DoD and DOE/NNSA) interactions
- Complete annual, quarterly, and other periodic reporting requirements at program reviews and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline
- Minimum of 8-12 years of relevant experience
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
- Experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management
- Familiarity with system engineering & integration and weapon acquisition principles (certification not a requirement)
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition, nuclear weapons lifecycle, and/or DoD R&D processes
- Writing skills that are easy to understand, accurate, and concise for a variety of audiences
- Independent, self-motivated and exhibits the highest standards of accuracy and organization skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Teams
- Graduate degree with 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Staff experience at Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC), Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC), or Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP)
- Experience at or with Air Force Research Laboratory and/or U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
- Comprehensive knowledge of DoD organizations involved with nuclear weapons including NWC, OASD(NCB/NM), USSTRATCOM, and others.
- Previously qualified as missile personnel
- Participation in an AF or Navy Fellowship at one of the NNSA National Laboratories
- Graduate of the NNSA Weapon Intern Program
- Familiarity with Tableau
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.