Job Description See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from providing the latest technologies in Smart Munitions sensor solutions to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.”
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come enhance your career with us.
BAE Systems’ Precision Strike (PS) Business Area has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer for the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) Product Line. Tis subject matter expert will help grow the PGSS product line by applying BAE Systems’ broad technology base to fill real gaps that Department of Defense customers have in the area of smart weapons. The ideal candidate will work with Engineering Leadership and Technical Marketing to assist with the next generation of precision guidance solutions. This role requires the candidate to be an outgoing, well-connected self-starter who will have direct customer interface to shape RFIs that meet the US Government’s mission value.
This role will be staffed in our new and expanded facilities in Huntsville, Alabama. In Huntsville, our Engineering team is working in a recently opened state of the art facility and operating in a unique environment where we have the power and resources of BAE Systems behind us while working in a dynamic and flexible model with the feel of a start-up. At BAE Systems, cultural and behavioral principles are a special part of our engineering organization, which means we are looking for team players who have demonstrated experience working successfully in group settings and will support our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- Experience in weapons systems architecture and design, missile systems or guided projectiles architecture and design, and weapons systems performance analysis
- Understanding of and technical experience with the subsystems of missile or guided projectile systems
- Expertise in Guidance, Navigation and Controls (GNC) for missile applications
- Experience with design and development of RF/ EO/ IR Seekers for missiles, guided projectiles, glide weapons, and/ or interceptor applications
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Understanding and background in RF systems architecture, modeling, design and test for active and passive RF seeker/ sensor systems
- Experience in the ConOps, Requirements, development, integration, test, qualification and production of Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground and Ground-to-Ground Missiles, Guided Projectiles and Glide Weapon Systems and integration
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, senior leadership, and other engineering disciplines
- Knowledge and experience with MIL-STD-881D
- Ability to complete subsystem supplier evaluations and support make/buy trades
- Experience in technology development in precision targeting and guidance systems
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering using UML/SysML and VPL
- International experience with UK suppliers and export regulations
- Develop briefings, white papers, and analysis to support the business capture efforts
- Proven track record of developing and implementing affordable solutions
- Knowledge/familiarity and understanding of DTUPC
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.