Project Manager (Oxygen Generation)
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to work in Houston, Texas, on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). In this position the employee will manage projects for the development and certification of Environmental Controls Life Support System (ECLSS) hardware, including Water Recovery Systems, Air Revitalization Systems, and Oxygen Generation Systems.
Support of tests and other activities may be required outside of normal working hours. Some travel may be required.
- Manage sustaining tasks for existing ECLSS hardware, including Water Recovery Systems, Air Revitalization Systems, and Oxygen Generation Systems
- Manage ECLSS hardware development projects to certify, flight-configure, and deliver new hardware
- Create and maintain project resource-loaded schedules in MS Project Professional
- Develop basis-of-estimates (BOEs)
- Review, author, and approve work orders, non-conformance reports, internal/external customer presentations, designs, and trade studies
- Anomaly resolution, configuration management, quality assurance, design, requirements/verification, materials, safety, cargo processing, disposal, manifest, hardware downgrade, toxicology
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years relevant experience sustaining or managing new hardware development in one of the following areas: Water Recovery Systems, Air Revitalization Systems, and/or Oxygen Generation Systems
- Experience creating BOEs and proposal development for new work
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience with presenting technical and financial project status to large groups such as technical NASA boards
- Experience with ISS processes for hardware development and certification, anomaly resolution, configuration management, quality assurance, design, requirements/verification, materials, safety, cargo processing, disposal, manifest, hardware downgrade, toxicology
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation.Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.