Are you tired of working 60+ a week? Are you looking for a better work live balance? Leidos Life encourages good work life balance, healthy living and career growth and development. We invite you to explore Leidos Life.
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) located in Des Plaines, IL.
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Central Service Area (CSA) Engineering Services Terminal Team.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Will perform all duties necessary to help produce complete design packages for the Terminal Replacement and Modernization Programs. The candidate will develop site-specific project engineering packages in accordance with national and FAA standards on assigned projects based on scoping documents. The candidate will produce engineering design drawings, detailed work plans, project material requirements, cost estimates, project schedules, and other items as required.
- Participate in site surveys to determine site requirements, operating parameters, site-specific issues, and assist with development and review of project scope. The candidate will ensure proper completion of all necessary drawings by providing markups and drawing specifications to the Computer Aided Engineering Graphics (CAEG) group.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to other designers to ensure quality and completeness of designs. Support will include, but is not be limited to, document review, consultations, and interpretation of requirements and regulations. The candidate will ensure that all design drawings are complete and revisions made before drawings are placed into a solicitation for bid. The candidate will perform all necessary inspections and collect all data necessary to produce a complete design package.
- Make inspection visits to FAA facilities, monitor contractor progress, evaluate and review design submittals for completeness and accuracy and make all necessary design comments and corrections required.
- Track and update project implementation schedules for assigned projects/programs. Monitor project implementation and ensure projects are implemented according to drawings and specifications. The candidate will conduct reviews of technical submittals and documentation, and will require site visits to verify installation and schedule compliance. The candidate will provide mechanical engineering assistance in support of project installation, implementation, and integration. This will include: Issue resolution and troubleshooting installation problems.
- Must maintain a site-specific project status for site preparation and equipment installation problems and answer contractor Requests for Information (RFIs). The candidate will assist in the preparation of change order scopes of work and estimates.
- Make periodic site visits to FAA facilities projects to inspect work in place and evaluate contractor progress, provide written punch list of noncompliant items, and perform an evaluation of project close out documentation and procedures. The candidate will verify that As-built drawings are correct and that manuals, spare parts, training, and monitoring services comply with contract requirements and advise the project team of mechanical engineering concerns throughout construction.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent.
- Competent with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Capable of learning and applying Corporate Work Plan (CWP) applications, KSN (Knowledge Service Network), ProjectWise database and can use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. To qualify for the FAA Public Trust you must be a US citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Prior FAA experience desired.
• Knowledge/Experience of Airports desired.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.