Chief Solution Architect
Leidos is seeking a Chief Solutions Architect to support the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD). The Chief Solutions Architect will lead intelligence tradecraft and analytics workflow modernization efforts that require data science, six sigma applications, and modern software solutions to bring differentiated capabilities to the ASD customers – primarily focused on DIA and ODNI. This position requires a technical leader who is ready to both roll up their sleeves to solve hard, interesting problems as well as step back and set a technology vision for growing the business. You will be empowered to make necessary decisions but will also have the support from the business and a broad technical workforce to accomplish your responsibilities.
You will act as our focal point in growing technical talent (2-3 direct report Jr. Solutions Architects) and will be responsible for building and refining technical solutions in the areas of Agile software development, networking, datacenter/hosting, cloud services, and other managed services across ongoing contracts. In addition, the successful candidate will provide leadership in pursuit of new business identifying key Leidos discriminators to address through partnership or new capability development.
This position can be located in our Springfield - VA, Reston - VA, Chantilly - VA, or Gaithersburg - MD locations
- Establish Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches for IT Managed Services and IT modernization capabilities including Agile SecDevOps Software Development, Network Services, Compute/Hosting Services, Cloud Services, and other modern technologies
- Spend an estimated 50% of time directly supporting key captures and programs to ensure delivery of differentiated capabilities
- Participate in and propose R&D and solution development efforts related to IT automation, AI/ML/RPA, and other modernization technologies
- Work with the program teams, Division leadership, and CTO organization to identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities and broad Leidos contribution in mission attainment resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
- Support across business lines and programs to identify how programs can be strengthened with application of technology and/or innovation.
- Assess and mentor the technical talent and junior solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges. Network to help Division maintain a list of top technical talent performing on contracts to target providing rotational growth assignments, educational opportunities, and mentorship to create strong growing team of ready-now technical resources to support the expected increased technical needs of the business.
- Work in partnership with Business Development staff to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
- Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions and industry relationships via new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and the Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities.
- Enhance recognition of Leidos as an Intelligence Tradecraft, Human Language Translation (HLT), and Mission Software solutions leader within the IC and across the federal government with focus primarily on DIA and ODNI operations tempo and mission drivers.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. and 15 years of experience in a Science, Engineering, or Technology field - Will consider experience in lieu of the Master's or PhD
- Recent experience with DIA or ODNI with an understanding of those customer missions
- Recognized expert technologist with 15-20 year experience in mission software solutions related to intelligence tradecraft, human language translation, data science, or similar
- Ability to develop, manage, and implement a technology roadmap and portfolio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Location: Washington Metropolitan Area with ability to travel to customer sites across the region
- Potential for 10% travel beyond the WMA
- Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance is REQUIRED
- Experience designing Cloud based solutions in one of the major Cloud provider technologies (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Experience as a personnel manager of a staff of technologists
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.