Geo Java Analytic Developer
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. This position offers a 20K Sign on Bonus! You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a 20k sign on bonus.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
Click [Register to View] to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
Working in a variety of environments, the successful candidate will use leading edge technologies to develop analytics pulling data from multiple cyber sources, as well as classic SIGINT. These analytics will be used in standard presentation systems throughout the enterprise to support missions throughout the world covering a variety of subjects. You will be developing prototypes answering new questions as well as providing better answers to existing questions. There are also opportunities to evaluate and work with new leading edge platforms, frameworks and technologies, all while working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast paced environment.
What you will like about this position…
- Developing answers to questions via Java Map/Reduce, making them available via the corporate tool suites (no experience required)
- Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development
- Working in a cohesive, small team environment
- One year of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least one (1) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.
- Java (some Python would be preferred as well)
- Knowledge of Java/Pig MapReduce is desired
- Knowledge of Network topologies, databases desired
- Experience with Jira, Maven, and Git
- Work in a team environment
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.