Senior Director III - General Accounting - Hybrid
Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
BAE Systems, Electronic Systems (ES) Sector is seeking an Accounting Director to lead the Sector’s Accounting Organization. This position will report to the ES Vice President of Finance and can reside at any major BAE Electronic systems site, including, southern, NH, Wayne, NJ, Endicott, NY, Greenlawn NY, Austin, TX, Manassas, VA, Huntsville, AL, or Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
As a key member of the Finance Leadership Team, this individual will lead all existing Accounting efforts and opportunities within the $6B+, multi-site sector, providing oversight and guidance to a team of over 50 accounting personnel. Responsibilities include all aspects of Billings, General Accounting, Financial Statements, Shared Services Support, Labor, and Tax. The Director will provide leadership to their extensive team and work collaboratively with their functional & business area finance counterparts to ensure partnership on key objectives, continuous improvement and optimization of the Accounting function. The Director will focus on execution and operational excellence as well as efficient growth of the overall portfolio, positioning the business for success in critical systems initiatives, customer satisfaction, talent development, and team building. Strong leadership, communication skills, and business operations expertise are essential.
- Ensure high level of execution across key Accounting groups managed, ensure that business commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to needs of the business.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strong financial controls and ensure compliance with company policies and accounting standards.
- Develop and execute strategic plan consistent with the goals and objectives of the company.
- Achieve financial objectives established in the annual business plan.
- Establish productive relationships with counterparts in other Sectors/Segments of the business to drive consistency and collaboration
- Establish/maintain productive relationships with internal and external audit teams, including USG DCAA offices.
- Promote high customer satisfaction to advance the business and meet or exceed growth objectives.
- Lead the Accounting organization though significant change as result of business critical systems upgrades and process implementations. Provide financial guidance and advice to business management regarding capital investments, contract negotiations, revenue recognition, and other financial analyses.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proven experience managing finances in a government contracting environment;
- Established track record of leading and motivating large teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills; ability to achieve results through others;
- Proven change management experience;
- Demonstrated ability in promoting adherence to the Company’s ethical standards and business practice;
- Extensive financial business acumen and relevant skillset
• Experience with Oracle-based toolsets;
• Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
• Experience with valuation models and drivers.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.