Are you interested in improving and shaping the consumer fraud protection industry in a group of intelligent and motivated individuals? Leidos is hiring a Java Developer in Gaithersburg, Maryland, as part of a team of database and application development professionals. This work involves development, operations and maintenance of various enterprise systems for data collection from various channels, data enrichment, ETL, enterprise search, information retrieval and analytical systems. This person will play a significant role in implementing, adopting, and evaluating technologies developed both in-house and by others.
The successful candidate will design, develop, operate and maintain software applications, primarily using Java, Apache Solr, Spark, Flume and SQL in both Windows and Linux environments for a government program. The developer will recommend, implement enhancements to the existing application and operation. Software designs should be documented, reviewed in enterprise design review board. Automated unit tests are routinely developed and maintained as the software evolves. Where necessary, user guide is generated or updated to reflect changes in the software functionality. Documentation, code, and unit tests are subjected to peer review. Be part of configuration management team to critically review deliverables by self and others. Occasional interaction with on-site customer representatives will be part of the job.
The software developer will be part of a compact agile software development team that pushes the boundaries of technology that can help address the ever growing and demanding needs of a government customer. With millions of consumer data available for law enforcement users, provide quick, advanced search features using enterprise search/information retrieval techniques. With search analytics, find critical information by linking various entities together, surfaces relevant results in near real-time, apply data quality techniques, integrate machine learning and advanced artificial intelligence techniques. We also analyze and report on consumer data frequent basis by dissecting and surfacing critical, new insights to data analysts and stakeholders. It is important that all team members are flexible and able to contribute outside of their primary expertise, so we are looking for someone who will be open to multiple responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other science discipline
- 4+ years of professional experience in Java/J2EE software development including REST APIs/web services, data contract with JSON/XML.
- 1+ year of DevOps experience with Apache Solr/Apache Spark or other enterprise search/Big Data platform
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles, design patterns and modern industry practices
- Design, develop and deliver software components for production systems in agile sprint cycles.
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, test driven design/development, continuous integration, delivery)
- Basic administrative, scripting experience in both Windows and Linux environments
- Maintain and operate the deployed applications, come up with performance monitors, tuning and improvements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience with event based, message queues, data streaming such as Apache Flume, Kafka, and Spark.
- Experience in relational database programming in MS-SQL server, T-SQL, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience in DevOps tools such as Maven, Git, JIRA, JMeter and Jenkins.
- Ability to write shell scripts, automation, basic administration, scheduling of jobs in Linux environment.
- Strong desire to learn and continuous advancement in Search, Big Data, Data Science and Machine Learning technologies and applying in the software development.
- Knowledge in developing user interfaces and web pages
- Must be detail oriented, multi-tasking with good follow through skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.