The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Specialist to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).This is an exciting opportunity to assist the FAA in in responding to important FOIA requests, applying the Privacy Act, and supporting records management at the agency. This position requires:
- Expert ability to independently apply the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act.
- Analyzes Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to determine if they follow agency regulations and are accepted for processing, whether the requests are covered by the FOIA or Privacy Act, whether all fee and scope issues are resolved.
- Creates and maintains electronic FOIA case files with all required documentation.
- Prepares response letters and related correspondence and briefs management on requests.
- Reviews and analyzes records to determine whether FOIA exemptions apply. Redacts any protected information prior to public release. Ensures that redactions made are neat, accurate, and correctly labeled with appropriate exemption numbers.
- Communicates with all levels of the organization in responding to FOIA requests.
- Provides comments on FOIA program initiatives and data calls, and Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports.
- Communicates, coordinates, and collaborates with FOIA requester regarding the status/processing of their requests; provides information or assistance; and resolves issues regarding their requests in a timely, courteous, and service-oriented fashion.
- Manages time based on workload and prioritizes working according to due dates established. Ensures work is completed according to laws, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Implement policies and procedures for managing Agency records, including related activities such as management of physical and electronic records, records disposition, and records retrieval for FOIA and litigation purposes, public access to records, vital records, and Privacy act compliance.
- Assist in the implementation of long-range strategic goals and resource projects.
- Assist with implementing records management and other specified document control procedures.
- Serve as a technical resource for Records and Information Management (RIM) policies, practices, and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior work experience. Additional years of experiences may be substituted for BA degree.
- Expert ability independently handling FOIA/PA request and responses, including redactions, communicating with requestors and stakeholders, and preparing responses to FOIA requests.
- Background working with a federal agency’s general counsel’s office on FOIA/PA requests. Knowledge of DOT or the FAA FOIA/PA process.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.