At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Ready for your next career step?
We are seeking talented Software Engineers with 2-4 years of hands-on experience to join our dynamic team in Newport News, VA. This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
This position may offer a hybrid work schedule
Active DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
What Does Leidos Need From Me?
- Bachelor's degree in an equivalent field and 2-4 years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Hands-on experience with Java and/or C++ and object-oriented programming.
- Ability to apply software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Must be a US citizen with an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
What You Will Be Doing?
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON, SOAP, and WSDL
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc.).
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.