Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
FSET-Ashore Network Engineer Sr (BMD) INTL
- Act as senior technical advisor in support of the Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station (NCTS) Guam Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) network.
- Provide engineering services to the BMD mission to include support of system interoperability, communications infrastructure, system and network administration, configuration management, troubleshooting, and network/systems engineering.
- Secret security clearance required, with ability to obtain Top Secret
- Assist with development of requirements for system infrastructure in support of the NCTS Guam optical transport network, including the Guam Enterprise Management Network (GEM-Net)
- Provide project planning, engineering, and integration oversight to support migration and integration of Missile Defense Agency (MDA) to NCTS Guam communications infrastructure.
- Provide system and network administration oversight to system and network administrators.
- Identify network discrepancies to enhance communications/network infrastructure in order to support data and multimedia requirements for MDA operations.
- Establish configuration management processes to document system/network baseline and modifications to BMD architecture.
- Support with the development of system architecture documents addressing BMD network infrastructure requirements.
- Participate in meetings, troubleshooting efforts, and site installations. Interacting with multiple shore and ship-based customer organizations will be required.
- Interacting with end-users required.
- Candidate will work primarily in computer facilities at Naval commands in an office or computer equipment room environment. Work outside of normal work week hours may be required, to participate in meetings, troubleshooting efforts, and installations or upgrades.
- Less than 15% travel may be required
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 8+ years technical experience in related discipline required.
- Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy guidance) with IA and CE required. Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification desired. OS certification may be required within 6-months of hire
- 8 + years’ experience with DoD enterprise or Navy networks
- C4I Systems experience: GCCS-J or M, C2PC, JTT, CRYPTO devices
- Troubleshooting network and operating system issues across multiple platforms
- Experience with C2BMC and Aegis weapons system highly desired
- Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret