Senior Director, Security
Job Description What’s it like to work with a company protecting what really matters? Remarkable! We are looking for a Senior Director, Security due to a promotion within our group.
With demonstrated experience and success, you will play a critical role in establishing strategic direction for the company, delivering exceptional solutions and services. The Senior Director, Security will assist with the administration of the Company’s Special Security Agreement (SSA) and the protection of classified National Security Information in accordance with the company’s facility security agreement. This role will directly report to the Chief Security Officer.
In this role you will:
- Assist the CSO with implementation and compliance of the company’s SSA and ensuring compliance with all local, regional, national and international regulations pertaining to BAE Systems Inc. business;
- Oversee implementation of security training that supports our agreement with the US Government for the safeguarding of classified information and address the specific policies and processes for Inc. Businesses to follow;
- Interact with the Vice Presidents of Security for each Sector to ensure consistent implementation of all appropriate security guidelines and provide visibility into corporate-wide security risk mitigation;
- Assist with oversight of the implementation of the SSA, Affiliated Operations Plan, Electronic Communications Plan, and Facility Locations Plan;
- Report on all facets of the company’s compliance and regularly creates briefs for the Inc. Senior Leadership Team and the Inc. Board of Directors;
- Establish and coordinate security policy for all Inc. businesses;
- As needed, represent the company before the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA); other U.S. Government security agencies; professional security organizations; and government and industry working groups.
What you will get:
- Opportunity for career growth/Long term opportunities;
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the organization and external partners;
- Flexible work options. 9/80 schedule allowing every other Friday off;
- 6% match, with immediate vesting on 401(k) contributions;
- Excellent benefits – Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO and Personal Holiday Hours;
- Ability to participate in our Multicultural Network supporting several employee resources groups (ERGs).
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12 or more years of experience. Equivalent and related work experience accepted in lieu of formal education requirements;
- Sound understanding of theories and practices in a fast changing area;
- In-depth knowledge of how own area integrates within the function within and awareness of competition;
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills to be able to act as an advisor and coach to mentor junior team members, handling day-to-day staff management issues, and aid in allocation of work;
- Experience and demonstrated success of advanced conceptual thinking in complex/and or completely new situations;
- Experience with effectively providing input to senior management on direction and strategy that will impact the entire company;
- Skilled communicator who influences and shapes the image of a complex Program, Business Area, or Sector;
- Proven ability to negotiate internally and externally at high levels or with person of influence frequently;
- Ability to lead initiatives and manage projects that require coordination with multiple functions and all sectors within the organization;
- Secret Clearance.
- Master’s Degree with 10+ Years of experience
- Top Secret Clearance
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.