IT Specialist Senior
The Defense Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior IT Specialist to support execution of projects on the NGEN-R SMIT contract and to be located in New Orleans, LA. The Senior IT Specialist will oversee operation of network systems, architecture, and topology through deployment and oversight of network operations specialists. The qualified candidate will also perform asset scanning and logging of assets that have been delivered in accordance with established Government directives for both Lab and Production assets.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform advanced systems installation, operation, integration, and troubleshooting in order to maintain optimum Information Technology (IT) system operations.
- Design and oversee upgrades and new installs of IT systems and services ensuring coordination with Cyber Security Specialist. Perform Tier III upgrades of networking systems, IT systems, and storage networking.
- Perform Tier III troubleshooting, optimization, and performance management of Internet Protocol (IP), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and routing protocols.
- Integrate enterprise, regional, and local IT systems ensuring current network operations are sustained or oversee their recovery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- At minimum, ten years of IT experience including Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Must possess an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II and a MDAE - Certified Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Expert Certification.
- US Citizen with an active DOD Secret clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.