Travel Clerk III
The Travel Clerk III is responsible for planning itinerary and scheduling travel accommodations for military and civilian personnel in accordance with travel orders using knowledge of routes, types of carriers, and travel regulations.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Arrange travel typically involving two or more modes of transportation utilizing information on carries, modes and facilities for carriers servicing the area and coordinate schedules.
- Verify travel orders to ensure costs, availability, and convenience of various types of carriers, selecting the most advantageous route and carrier.
- Notify personnel of dates of travel, baggage limits, medical and Visa requirements, and ensures that all necessary clearances have been obtained.
- Within general guidelines, select and apply appropriate travel guides, methods, techniques, and work sequences to effectively accomplish work.
- Counsel and advise travels on entitlements, individually and in mass group settings.
- Light clerical duties to include scanning and filing documents.
- Job duties and responsibilities may change due to contractual requirements.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Computer, phone, Multifunctional Devices
- Personal Protective Equipment such as a face mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Fast paced office environment, indoors with climate control.
- No travel involved, flex time may be required in this position.
- Stationary position approximately 85 percent of the time, bending, long periods of sitting, standing and lifting boxes not to exceed 20lbs is occasional.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine and printer.
- Must be able and willing to follow all CDC COVID Guidelines to include mask wear.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- NAC-I clearance required
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License without restrictions
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be able to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, such as birth certificate or US Passport.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible related experience in an office setting.
- Multitasking and good organizational skills in a high pace environment.
- Must have experience in Excel and Word.
- Prefer candidate have knowledge of DoD travel regulations.
- Ability to work independently or in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to interact at all levels
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access) and SharePoint is required
- To be qualified for this position you must comply with the government customer’s requirement that you either provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, or agree to undergo and provide results of weekly COVID-19 testing.
- As of now, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 you must have received either two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine, two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine, two doses of Moderna Vaccine, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and two weeks must have elapsed after the final dose was administered.
- This definition may change in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Compliance with this directive is an essential function of the position and is a condition of employment.