BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support our government customer. This EA will perform duties as the principal administrative assistant and is designated to relieve senior leadership of as much administrative detail as possible. An individual in this role provides sound advice and recommendations to senior leadership with respect to daily support, near-term and long-range calendar and event planning and execution, and staff coordination of staff actions, events, and executive program management oversight activities involving senior leadership. In this role, an individual will:
- Establish, receive, screen and maintain the Director’s schedule of appointments, meetings, conferences, speaking engagements and other commitments.
- Forecast potential requirements, coordinates preparatory schedule activities, and de-conflicts scheduling problems.
- Aggressively and authoritatively work with subordinate activities, external organizations, and higher headquarters elements in orchestrating the Director’s calendar and event activities.
- Work closely with the Deputy Director and elements of the HQ staff in scheduling and coordinating visits and meetings to include agendas or itineraries.
- Ensure that the Director is well informed of any scheduling changes.
- Facilitate high-priority staff actions or scheduling changes that require the Director’s input, decision, or participation.
- Confirm engagements and coordinates with all concerned parties to ensure read ahead packets, agenda items, and other coordination are completed; available in advance of an event; and all attendees are notified.
- On behalf of the Director, personally receive all scheduled and unscheduled visitors and telephone calls from high ranking military and civilian officials.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Director’s trip planning; plan meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Assure proper protocol for all functions and visitors.
- Develop and recommend itineraries, instructions, guides, supplementary material and pertinent correspondence.
- Coordinate with external agencies and offices, Army and Joint Commands, Intelligence Community partners, and Industry in the planning for and execution of visits.
- Arrange, confirm details, and work in coordination with the XO in overseeing execution of events and activities.
- Prepare travel orders and reimbursement vouchers for the Director in the Defense Travel System (DTS) and any necessary correspondence upon completion of trips.
This EA will work directly with military senior advisors and directors and will be required to:
Directly engage with senior leaders, advisors and directors
Effectively communicate orally to advise and assist subordinate offices, staff members, and customers.
Communicate in writing to prepare/edit briefings, handbooks, reports, slides, forms, correspondence, etc. using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Plan, organize work, and meet deadlines to plan, schedule, and direct arrangements for activities hosted by the Director.
Work cooperatively as a member of a team to work with other offices to resolve administrative support problems and coordinate concurrences and needed approvals and decisions.
Identify problems and develop innovative solutions to resolve administrative operating problems.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external offices as well as higher HQ elements to include congressional, state, and local offices for the purpose of planning and coordinating meetings, events and other activities.
Use the Defense Travel System (DTS) to create official travel orders, coordinate transportation, lodging, and complete/submit reimbursement vouchers. Manage meeting engagements, calendars and schedules
Prepare travel packets and read-ahead material for engagements in coordination with AOO operational staff
Draft agendas, attend meetings and take minutes
Other administrative duties as assigned by Director
- 6+yrs demonstrated Administrative Assistant experience w/Masters Degree or 8+yrs w/Bachelors Degree
- Experience engaging with and/or briefing senior leaders and executive level personnel
- Knowledge of MS Office tools including strong knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Prior military or government experience
- Must have ability to work in fast paced environment
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.